Sign in to follow this  
Guest glide

MCP alt window issue

Guest glide

Just wondered if there was any way of fixing the way you adjust the alt in this window as at the moment you wish to go from one extreme alt to another say 3000 to 38000 it is an exremely slow process as it will only increase in increments of 100's rather than the option of 1000's for faster adjustment. Much as i appreciate the thinking behind the left and right click pos and neg adjustment idea from pmdg the down side seems to be this slow adjustment time. Is there anyway of getting around this rather annoying situation or am i missing somthing obvious and the problem is my fault? Its judt that sometimes in flight you dont have 25 30 secconds to hold your mouse over the alt select knob to wait for it to reach the desired alt. I am sure this is not how it is on the real flight deck.thankskav

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Kav,Wish I knew how to do it too - it's very tedious but probably realistic. Depending on the SID and what I think ATC will do, I try to get mine as high as I can while I'm pushing back and waiting for the engines to start

Have you tried giving a nice crank onto your mouse wheel? :-)(That's modeled as close to the real-world knob behavior as we could make it).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest glide

no have not tried the mouse wheel solutionwill give it a go thankskav

Guest v1cut

On the 737 you can right click to increase or decrease in 1000ft increments (changes heading in 10 increments also).