Sign in to follow this  
Guest _Christopher_

Highly Recommended -- FS2Crew

Guest Knikolaes

Not sure how much this is discussed over here on the PMDG end, but I VERY HIGHLY recommend FS2Crew 737 Special Edition for PMDG. They made the product specially for the PMDG 737 and have updates on their web site to make it work with ALL of the NG series :-)I just got it last week, and will dink with it more tomorrow after class, but all I can say is so far I have been VERY VERY entertained by it. When they said it changes how you run your aircraft procedure-wise - they weren't kidding. Having to retrain myself to keep doing mY job and not the first officer's!Can't wait to get my claws on the ATR version . . .

I own it, and I must say, while it is a great program, I find it steals a bit much from the original 737NG, in a way of procedures etc. While I know some things should be done by the F/O, I find it amusing to do it yourself: in the end, this is a simulator that simulates (commercial) aircraft and their systems. Why create all systems and then have a program pushing buttons and know all procedures?Nothing against it, but, while being alone on my simultor, I rather push buttons myself and read them checklists!If I would be flying with an F/O, of course, a different story...

Guest Knikolaes

I have to agree it is a matter of choice insofar as how you use the simulation. For "crew" and full airline procedures the program is a must. For knowing all of the systems yourself or for those "quick go" operations one can easily just not activate the gauge :-)I do both ways, depending on time and mood.