Sign in to follow this  
Guest hellcat29er

737 Take Off

Guest hellcat29er

Greetings fellow Captains,I've got a question...usually, not always but usually when I am taking off in the 737-700, I don't lift off until I dunno...just short of 400 feet (estimated) of the runway...That's too close, I'm trying to figure out why it keeps doing that...my take off flaps are usually set to 5, I do spool the engines, but how much should I spool them up to? I'm thinking that may be my issue is that I don't spool them up long enough. One of these days I swear I'm going to be off the runway and I'll be upset at that.

Do you set the correct trim as indicated in the CDU (if you've set correct weight etc. of course)?

1. How long is the runway?2. You shouldn't by flying with 100% fuel3. Check your trim4. Your take off speeds should be something like V1 = 140 V2=150, ect.

Guest hellcat29er

Makes sense now, about the trim and the fuel. Thanks!Brandon StollKVCV