Sign in to follow this  
Guest DAMIANJLAPPIN

747-400 North Atlantic Track Problem

Guest DAMIANJLAPPIN

As a longtime PS1 user I purchased the 747-400 around a week ago so it was the version including the interim update. I have loaded up the Navdata file PIC-PMDG_0512 which appears to be the latest cycle, dates look correct on FMC.My first flight was Heathrow-Manchester, no probs FMC responds as expected great flight. perfect autoland! Very happy.Now feeling brave I decide to program the FMC for a flight from EGLL to KSFO. I start with the aircraft at EGLL (Virgin Atlantic), do POS INIT as EGLL, then enter route EGLL-KSFO no probs, then enter route components(No dep runway or sid yet) as:DCT NIBOGDCT RESNOfine so far, then I go to the legs page to enter the NAT waypoints and type in next leg as:N55W020And the FMC accepts my entry but shows the displayed leg as N54W019Am I doing somthing wrong or is this a bug. I have played with entering various other waypoints and some get changed others not, I also tried putting in the waypoint in the longhand way as described in the manual but same thing happens. I have since applied the latest universal update to the 747-400 package but still the same problem. My PS1 FMC behaves as expected so I am a little worried about the PMDGFMC, but perhaps I am just being dim?By the way, I am very very impressed with this product, I have heard a few negative coments from other PS1 users but apart from this FMC issue I have only found total pleasure in using this package. Anyone able to replicate this problem?

Guest Hawkeyeted

......fine so far, then I go to the legs page to enter the NAT waypoints and type in next leg as "N55W020" And the FMC accepts my entry but shows the displayed leg as "N54W019"It has happened to me too but it's not a bug, per se. The aircraft will fly to N55W020. It displays N54W019 in the FMC because of what I assume is a "floating decimal". I verified it by monitoring the LAT/LON (using the "CTL-Z" to display the LAT/LON) and the aircraft crossed at the appropriate fix, it just displayed funny in the FMC.

Guest Skedflyer

Did you try 5520N?

As denis mentions,try 5520N format,thats how the NAT fixes would be entered in real world ops.Having said that the FMC shouldn`t be behaving the way you described.Don`t take any notice of those negative comments from PS people,this is a great 744 product,no mistakeJon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Guest DAMIANJLAPPIN

>Did you try 5520N?Yes, this seems to do the trick!Thanks for the quick responses, having read the manual I would have thought my original approach was valid but I guess this is the correct way to do it. I entered the entire NAT Track and it looks ok when stepping through in plan mode on the NAV display :)Thanks guys for your help.