Sign in to follow this  
Guest ksabers

Pushback text transcription

Guest ksabers

Hello fellow 747 captains,I am from Italy so I am not an English mothertongue. I can read and write it well enough but my proficiency in the spoken language is not very good.Could someone please write a transcription of the "dialogue" between the pilots and the ground crew during the pushback phase? It would be very useful for me.Thanks in advance,Giorgio

Giorgio this is as close as I can get itcapt:and ground cockpitground:hi captaincapt:we're all set to go up here,we've been cleared to push and start at your discretion.ground:ready to push, power and air clear, doors closed ,release parking brake please.capt:ok parking brake is off clear for push.ground:brakes off here we go.....push is complete set parking brake please.capt:alright brakes are set and pressure is normal.ground:Ok sir towbar is off ,pin is out watch for pin on the right side.capt:alright guys we'll be watching for the pin and release for guidance on the right hand side of the airlpane,and we'll see you guys next time through.ground:roger that and have a good flight.hope it helps regards jim

Guest ksabers

Thanks, Jim, this is exactly what I was searching for!BTW, what is the "pin" the crew is talking about?Giorgio

Guest thscholz

>>BTW, what is the "pin" the crew is talking about?>Giorgio,the 'pin' is the steering bypass pin. Normally the nose gear is locked for steering by the crew. When the aircraft is pushed back, the ground crew inserts the pin to bypass that lock and the nose gear can be steered by the pushback tug.You can see a picture here (the red thing on the left picture):http://www.b737.org.uk/nosewheel.htmCheersThomas

Guest ksabers

Very interesting information! Thanks Thomas!!Giorgio