Sign in to follow this  
Guest Virtual_Pilot

PMDG 744 FMC Hold Function

Guest Virtual_Pilot

Hi,I am familiar with the Queen's FMC hold function, but recently I was asked by online ATC to enter a hold 40nm from a particular VOR, can someone tell me how to accomplish this?Thanks in Advance.

Guest Robin.B

I think it is possible to enter an Along Track waypoint into the FMC legs section (Let's say you want to hold 30 miles before reaching the VOR LAX, you can write LAX/-30 (Or LAX/+30 if you want to hold 30 miles after LAX) in the legs section) and then assign a hold to it.

This is true. For any fix simply LSK the particular wpt (if on the path) into the S/P then type XXX/-+. So 9 miles from ave vor would be "AVE/-9". This new wpt on the path (Which will look like AVE01)will go into the "Other hold" boxes since it is not on the original path.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest Virtual_Pilot

Thanks Robin/Randy , much appreciated.Happy Landings