Sign in to follow this  
Guest krullenbol

Cannot Insert coordinates in RTE-page

Guest rellehenk

Hi,I am not able to enter coordinates in the RTE-page. It is only possible in the LEGS-page. According to my manual it should be possible to put coordinates in the RTE-page.For example N43W040. Regards

Guest morvious

Try 4340N instead of N43W040Thats should work!Greetings,Stefan van Hierden

Guest rellehenk

Yes it works, but that is not the correct method accoring to my real 744 manual. Quote:TO-lines in RTE page:......Latitude/longitude, e.g.;entered as N4706.6 W00004.3 anddisplayed as N47W000. Entries requireleading zeroes. Trailing zeroes are optionalwhen latitude and longitude are wholedegrees, e.g., N43W040.P.S. When I enter N43W040 in the LEGS-page, the FMC accepts is BUT it is showing N42W039...When I enter it in the RTE-page it says: NOT IN DATABASE

Guest Hawkeyeted

You should not enter LAT/LONG fixes on the RTE page, only the LEGS page. That is why you are getting the database error. As to you other issue (displaying N42W039 when entering N43W040), is known. I *think* it is a math problem concerning the decimal coversion. The aircraft will fly to N43W040 even though it displays N42W039.

Guest morvious

>Yes it works, but that is not the correct method accoring to>my real 744 manual. >I don't know about any real B747 manuals :), but the input I always do works pretty well for flightsim"as real as it gets".. As you can see I have many things to learn ;)

This could be a carrier option... not every FMC has the same parameters/settings, don't assume because it's in whatever manual you have that it's the same on all 747's/FMC revisions...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest rellehenk

Check the PMDG-manual....