Sign in to follow this  

Round the World Challenge - Part Two

Guest captbulldog

Prepare to be amaze! Her cruise is low and slow. But don't let her size fool you. This here, she can do a whooping 45mph! :-lolWell, I can add about 50miles to your rouud the world progress. She's not a racer, but a scenery viewer. I will wait for the baton to reach land. :)Oh yes. Thanks for the links, too!

Guest Eagle92395

I have a question for the director of this flight. For crossing the ocean... what do we do? I thought about setting up a long distance flight over the day while I'm at work and crossing the ocean (autopilot while I'm working). But that would go waaaaay over the alloted 2 hrs. How about we turn this flight toward the east and cross the pacific by either... island hopping like in WW2, or cross the Siberian channel (that'd please those bush pilots!!). Have a good one guys, I'll grab the baton someday here!

Whew...Made it... but barely. I did my own RTW in a Lear 35 and it wasn't anywhere like this speed.Starting point is GQNN - Nouakchott, Mauritania - Africa.This was a "real" fun runway to land on in the dark... yikers!Handing off the baton...Hawkeyez

I have the Batonheading for GATB in the Saab 340--------------Paul MeyerKrypton AirTVA.com

Guest captbulldog

dang! Almost got the baton! :)

Hmm, maybe not stopping at GATB, possibly farther on. We'll see.Saab 340 cruises at only 8000msl--------------Paul MeyerKrypton AirTVA.com

Saab says on their website that the Saab 340 can do 285kts, and I read on other websites that it's service ceiling was 7600, but it must have been meters on other websites, and I am now seeing 25,000 feet. I need to stop and refuel because I have burned to much fuel at this low altitude of 7500msl FEET!CAN I REFUEL?MAY I REFUEL?**--------------Paul MeyerKrypton AirTVA.com

We landed in GQNI Nema about 10 minutes ago after a fuel management problem in the Saab 340. I have never flown it before, it is my fault. I covered about 500nm.3d37a0ea76c9dad9.jpg--------------Paul MeyerKrypton AirTVA.com

GQNIFred will take it from here!I have the Baton! ;-)

Fred: Lots of luck. If I knew you were on the way to Freetown, Sierra Leone, I'd try to pick up next. I'd like that leg from Freetown to Fernando de Naronha, Brazil. But since it is a mystery--off to bed for me. Lots of luck. Keep em flying.

Damnit, i'm flying to DAAT (Aguener) did I go the wrong way ;-)

OK, couldn't make it to DAAT in time so landed at GATS. Beautiful morning with some nice clouds and a clap of thunder or two at the beginning of the flight. Then it got to be real boring with no clouds ;-)))Here's a pic of the accent from th 421 ;-)

Fred, GREAT screenshot! I like the propeller just visible outside, and the clouds are cool! Are those FS Sky World clouds, or default?Please be sure to post not only the airport code, but also the city and country you've landed in. This will make our Navigator (map maker)'s job a bit easier.Thanks.--Tony

Eagle, technically, this earns you a strike for trying to direct the flight while not holding the baton. Don't worry, though. It's only one. In the first challenge, the challenge-starter (Tornade Wilkes) had to give himself a strike for doing the Exact Same Thing! :)We go in whatever direction the current pilot takes us. If enough posters feel that direction was dunderheaded, it can earn that pilot a strike, but we still start where he/she last left us.As for HOW we get from one place to another ... that remains to be seen. :) You're right, though, we can't be setting up long-distance AP flights then go off to work. The chances of someone coming online after 3 hours and declaring your flight null and void are pretty good.--Tony

Tony: On my map this looks like Tessalit, Mali. Makes the last 2,000 or so miles one big circle. How can we get anywhere this way? Ha. I'll hit the bunk again till we get going in a straighter line. Not straight, just straighter. Keep em flying.