Sign in to follow this  

Round the World Challenge - Part Two

Paul...Where did you find your Saab 340 aircraft...? I'd like to download a FS2002 version with some local liveries if possible.Thanx... Hawkeyez

Looking at the screenshots coming from the 421's is reeeeaally making me want to run out and purchase this nice aircraft from FlightOne !!Hawkeyez

The bird has taken the active at GATS.....next stop ???? See ya in 3 hoursJohn VanAvA

We are airborne.....level 13000, clear skies hdg 127. Very inhospitable terrain below - hate to have engine problems.....

Unable to attach an image using MS IE.....keep getting "runtime" errors.If someone can post a shot for me, I'll email it to them...........Thanksps....700 miles to go !

I will post a shot for you, or just give you a URL that you can paste into your post so it will show up in your post.e-mail metro760@prodigy.netI found the Saab 340 on the American Virtual Airlines website.www.flyava.org I can't seem to find the download link on the site because they are updating so do a search at AVSIM or FlightSim.com for:Original Model By Muhammad Chariri. Painted by Szymon Zmijewski of APSONYGood Luck finding one, if you find a nice panel, let me know.--------------Paul MeyerKrypton AirTVA.com

Wow, this sounds like SUCH fun! I can't believe I have missed this type of thing on the other FlightSim sites! Where was I? (Propbably off flying somewhere!)Not to be a spoil-sport but...I thought we were heading to San Diego, CA? Is this a "race" kinda thing or is it okay if this takes us a month? I would LOVE to participate, I have some great aircraft to use - one's unlike the Cessnas and Beechs we've seen. Isn't there a THREE hour limit on flights? I thought I saw a 7 hour leg back there? Well, if I get 3 hours at home coordinated with no one else jumping up to grab the baton I would certainly love to do so.GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!"Keep the shiney side up!"Swanny KPDX

I too thought we were headed for San Diego but when I picked up the Baton, elected to continue heading east. Westbound off the African continent (3 hour flight segments in a prop) is not the easiest of challenges. Not to worry....someone will get us to Lindbergh Fld!!!!John Van400 to go.......

Guest Heather 636

First of all, yes, I am mad, but at myself for not paying closer attention to the rules and, where a particular rule might be confusing, failing to ask more questions before taking off.1) I was indirectly invited to this race because you had reached the coatline and were hinting toward somebody with a longer ranged aircraft.2) With the issue of "cheating the clock" I made the mistake of assuming was because in some of the aircraft, you can change the time on it in mid-flight, because the flight I was led to believe was necessary could not be done in under three hours WITHOUT using time compression.Anyway, the blame is mine for not paying closer attenton (unusual for me, happens when I get in a hurry).I just wish that 7+ hours of flight time now could be logged with the VA I fly for. Oh well, learn by one's mistakes I always say.My main concern, and reason for this post, is so that nobody will think that I was "cheating" intentionally.Sincerest regards,Heather

Hi Heather.I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't think it was intentional "cheating." There are enough questions that pop up about the rules, and there are enough instances where people just don't notice a particular rule, that when something happens, it's my first assumption that a rule was missed, not intentionally broken. :)Hope to see you try out another leg.ON another topic, for those asking about destinations: as Tornado Wilkes stated, the ultimate destination is Heathrow. A stop off in San Diego is mandatory, though. However we get there.Specifically, the challenge states that it is to be done in as short a time as possible. Take that goal for what you will. In the end, Tornado or I will post a summary including the number of days required to complete it.If everyone enjoys this, it will be more-or-less "practice" for more rigorous challenges, and possibly an actual race with a team from flightsim.com (with those of us who post to both forums having to pick a side). That latter is still in the consideration phase, but both Tom and Nels have given tentative nods, assuming all the rules work out properly...but that's a topic for another time.--Tony

Guest Heather 636

Thanks Tony.Again, no worries. I'm not mad at anybody but myself on this one. Should have paid closer attention.Cheers!Heather

Well......it's almost 3 hours after I departed Tessalit and I was trying for Maiduguri (DNMA) but the hands on my "Mickey Mouse" watch indicated I'd not be able to complete it in time. Checked the charts and determined my best course of action was to divert.....and divert we did. Landed without incident at Zinner (DRZR) Not to worry folks...paved runway with fuel and snack bar.Good Luck to whoever picks up the flight. I enjoyed it and look forward to the next opening....John VanAmerican Virtual Airlines.....

Your're right. Thee is an excellent snak bar here. Some of the foods I wouldn't dare touch, but they do sell Coke and french fries, I guess that will do for now. If nobody minds, I will take the baton for now and continue heading east. I'll be flying in a nice simple caravan stationair 8. I have no ida how long it will fly, but the weather is great right now, and I'll see how far we can get.WOOOHOOOO!

Picked up Baton at DRZR will return with Destinaiton soon. On the way out of there first.