Sign in to follow this  
Guest markyp

PMDG 737

Guest markyp

Hi there,Sorry to ask this again but how do I work out the wind component for flight planning purposes. This is mainly if I have a cross wind at the Cruise?? Maybe like working it out and taking an average? The other thing is in the 747-400 manual there is a section in the cruise and fuel planning document, the main bit i am looking for is the "Fuel required to reach planned alternate destination"I am told there is not a chart of this kind for the 737?? Can anyone point me in the direction of as much detail as possible to do the whole planning stage of the flight?What do BA use for cost index in the 737? Also Assumed Air Temp??Thanks all..Happy XmasMarkyP

I have been loading my flight plan into Active Sky Ve for NAVLOG full reports. This gives me winds aloft along several points of the plan which includes the speed, vector, and temp at the aloft altitude. It also lets me choose the most efficient altitude for the least headwind. It is the halfway or median point of the plan that aloft data that gets entered into the cruise data page. This enables the FMC to calculate the forecast ground speeds and fuel burn.Please note if using FSUIPC 3.51 to upgrade to 3.52 due to in some instances incorrect breakdown of the wind components.I use FSBuild 2.22 which if Active Sky is running with your desired weather loaded will connect to it for loaded weather data. By entering in the aircraft tab the correct aircraft, taxi time, reserve time, alternate, holding time, FSBuild can generate a NAVLOG that includes the fuel required for the flight. You can export the plan in PMDG format for FMC RTE loading as a company route as well. When bringing up the flight I adjust the fuel at minimum to this computed value plus a small additional amount that I enter as reserve in the FMC when entering the the performance data.2.22 is payware. There is a freeware 1.4 version that worked with FS8 but may not have all the functionality I described.If you search out my named on this forum you'll find a response where I described my whole dispatch routine of flight planning. Better yet search on dispatch or dispatcher in the body text.