Sign in to follow this  
felony

744 in flight shutdown... fuel tank selection?

Hey guys.I am not extremly caught up on the 744 material, but I have owned it for a while and I understand most of the key components that are needed for a goood flight :DFor the first time I started using the load manager to give me some correct loads. Then I started up the plane (ready to go, not cold and dark) and got underway. Departed and let RC4 control the comms from then on. I glanced at my screen while watchign TV and noticed 3 contrails, rather then 4. Then 2 contrails. I re did the flight, same situation etc.. check the fuel tanks and it seems that the center tank went try and shut down 3/4 engines. I usually dont do real long flights, but recently have started a trip around the world. These long flights I let go overnight and let RC4 work (otto and comms etc) and in flight shut downs arent good while im snuggled up in bed upstairs.Is there anythign I can do so the plan (744/737) auto select tanks to provide adequate fuel? thanksdan h

Well I did some research and it seems that I need to be around to switch tanks manually to prevent failures.is this true, am i missing something, or can this be done automatically so I can do long flights over night or while I am away from the PC?thanksdan h

Guest neilb

Nope, you manually have to switch to the Tank to Engine configuration.The only thing you can do is fly short enough routes so that you start off in TANK/ENG. I believe if the center tank fuel is lower or equivalent to the outer tanks then you'll take off in Tank/Eng mode (I may be wrong).I suppose you could turn on every pump and every x-feed and leave it, but I have no idea what effects this might have.Neil Bennett

>Nope, you manually have to switch to the Tank to Engine>configuration.>>The only thing you can do is fly short enough routes so that>you start off in TANK/ENG. I believe if the center tank fuel>is lower or equivalent to the outer tanks then you'll take off>in Tank/Eng mode (I may be wrong).>>I suppose you could turn on every pump and every x-feed and>leave it, but I have no idea what effects this might have.>>Neil Bennettthanks for your reply, neil...ill see what i can do in terms of all pumps and all xfeeds. any other ideas?thanksdan h

just make sure your override pumps are off, but the regular pump buttons are on. then the 4 crossfeed switches in a row above that. keep only the middle 2 on. thats tank to engine.use the fuel synopsys screen and you will get a good feel of what exactly it is doing as it shows you in a darker green what is active

>just make sure your override pumps are off, but the regular>pump buttons are on. then the 4 crossfeed switches in a row>above that. keep only the middle 2 on. thats tank to engine.>>use the fuel synopsys screen and you will get a good feel of>what exactly it is doing as it shows you in a darker green>what is activeill look into that right now!thanksdan h.