Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boeing747-430

WOW!!

Guest Boeing747-430

Today was an awesome day for me. My dad works at KORD, and mainly services a certain international airline. Well today, he took me to work and into the 747-400. When i got there, the maintanence guys where working but let me into the captains seat, they had plenty of time because the flight came in early. It was amazing! First thing i did was look around then ask the guy if i could play with the FMC. And he let me and was suprised that i knew how to work it. the FMC pages where right on with the PMDG 744, and the EICAS pages. Then i told him my preflight procedure and was very close, i just forgot a few things because normaly i use the procedures from the AOM. I also switched the lower EICAS screens. I was amazed at how close the PMDG 744 is. I mean i couldnt believe it, it truly is amazing. I turned the TCAS on and saw the traffic around KORD and he turned up the ATC volume. I did a left stall test via the FMC behind the throttles, and the stick shaker activated. i got to turn the number 4 hyd pump to aux to see the hyd system. i did a fire test. a tcas test. he told me about fuel loading, and the importance of knowing the fuel density and such. he also showed me the maintanence log for the plane. it was an awesome experience and want to thank PMDG for making such an awesome plane. i have pictures and maybe will post them later.And also, im very excited to say that yesterday i got the letter stating that i got accepted to the flight school at southern illinois university.Adam K

Guest morvious

You lucky .......You will make some people angry about that ;)Nice to hear you had a great time, good luck with your flight school!Cheers,---------------Stefan van Hierden>|

Guest Vagabond78

Awesome pictures and opportunity you've had Adam. I would really love to sit where you sat. :)

Guest DeAceShooter

Adam,I feel happy for you, and a tinge of jealousy!Great that you got the cockpi visit, something I would die to get.

very cool. and nice shots. Do the mx personel wear gloves while working on JAL airplanes, or is it only a custom for the pilots to do that?

Guest Boaz

Wow Adam!You are so lucky!!Give a big thanks to your dad, he must be some guy!Boaz...

Guest Boeing747-430

no, the mx did not wear gloves. the mx have to be certified by the airline to do work on their plane, but it doesnt matter if they are japanese or not. they guys in the cockpit also worked on UAL.Adam

Adam,Nice to see someone like yourself so keeen on what you will hopefully, go on and succeed in doing for real.You looked so 'at home' in those shots that you have generously shared with us. I wish you lots of luck with your flight school training.Pardon me for droooooooooooooooooooooooooling hehehe.Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

I know you don't have to be Japanese... I was just wondering if they had some requirement for everyone to wear gloves in the cockpit.Anyway, thanks for the info, your dad has a great job, and good luck in the future. I am a few years older than you but wish I was into aviation when I was deciding whether I should go to college and where to

JAL can be a bit picky when it comes to what you have to wear and do... Even maintenance crews from other airlines have to follow strict guidelines... like wearing JAL baseball caps (even though these crews have other airline badges plastered all over their uniforms). I think they expect the departure engineers to wave to the passengers, too! They don't ask the engineers to bow... just bend over backwards :(Cheers.Q.