Sign in to follow this  
Guest poschrob

V speeds delted

Guest poschrob

hi!shouldn't be a message generated like in the subject if I re-select the flap configuration for takeoff? today I've selected 20 and clicked on all the v-speeds. after that I corrected the flap config to 10, new speeds were generated but no message that the "old" speeds were deleted.is it normal?cheers and a happy new year!Rob

Guest poschrob

Now I know the answer and I was correct. In the attachment you can see a screenshot from the official Boeing 747-400 Operations Manual. A warning message should be displayed when entering a new value after the V-speeds were selected.

Guest james320

Can anyone get hold of a PDF copy of the Ops Manual?

Guest poschrob

According to the FMC guide delivered with the Queen, the message should be there when changing the flap config.Am I the only one having this problem? I mean it's not a big issue at all but it would increase the realism of the plane.CheersRob

Guest poschrob

Captains,could anyone of you try out chaning the flap config in the fmc after selecting the v speeds? do YOU get a "TAKEOFF SPEEDS DELETED" message? so that I know that I'm not the only one missing this 3 word warning. it doesn't take more than 2 minutes.thanksRob

Guest poschrob

thanks Jan.and does it show the message when you change your flap config from 10 to 20?what do you mean by selecting flaps max 10??? why's 20 a problem? according to the manual (Takeoff -> Page 1-3 -> point 5) the normal flap configuration for takeoff is either 10 or 20. don't you hear a warning sound when giving takeoff thrust @ flaps 5?Rob

>hi!>>shouldn't be a message generated like in the subject if I>re-select the flap configuration for takeoff? today I've>selected 20 and clicked on all the v-speeds. after that I>corrected the flap config to 10, new speeds were generated but>no message that the "old" speeds were deleted.>>is it normal?>>cheers and a happy new year!>>Rob Going from 10 to 20 flaps has the FMC remove the *active* V-SPDS (PFD goes to NO V-SPDS) and keeps the FMC displayed (TO REF PAGE) V-SPDS before making them *BIG*. This is correct so the question is should the message appear that V-SPDS have been deleted in this situation? I believe so but let's let PMDG make a responce in case there is some strange airline option we are overlooking ;P. As an example look at this and notice it does not mention flaps..http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/138043.jpg [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest poschrob

"As an example look at this and notice it does not mention flaps.."according to the screenshots I've uploaded the message should appear (they were taken from the orig. operation manual and the PMDG documentation). In the LVL-D 767 the message appears as it should when changing flap config in the fmc. My only question is that others also have this "problem". If yes, ok, I'm not the only one.regardsRob