Sign in to follow this  
Guest captandy

B747 SID KDTW

Guest captandy

I was just planning a flt from KDTW 2 KSEA and wanted to use the PMM SID using 3L.I am unsure how to program this SID in the FMC.When goto DEP/ARR there are no SIDS for KDTW.I went to the sid/star folder under pmdg and saw a slew of files I think they are the AIRAC 0513 for the PMDG737/NG.So my question is how do I get the SIDS to display in the FMC.If I select ARR for KDTW or KSEA the STARS are there.I want to program 2 fix points which are part of the PMM SID using 3L.If there is another way to program this please let me know.ThanksAndy

Hi Andy,KDTW has 3 SIDs according to the current AIRAC cycle.Go here and enter KDTW:http://avn.faa.gov/digital_tpp.asp?ver=051...&end=01-19-2006All 3 are "vector" SIDs which would not show up in the FMC's DEP/ARR page because they're dependent on controller radar vectors to get to the transition fix and onto the airway.When assigned such a SID, the pilots will simply enter the transition VOR or fix as their first waypoint, which they'll usually recieve direct to from departure control a little while after takeoff. There's really no way to simulate this without having ATC either on VATSIM or by using something like Radar Contact, which does a good job of getting you onto an airway via a vectors SID like this.Here's the routing the FSBuild comes up with for KDTW-KSEA:KDTW..SVM.J70.ALPHE.J34.RWF.J90.ABR.J70.MLP.GLASR6.KSEAYou'd want to file the PALACE TWO departure to get to SVM and J70 via vectors.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com