Sign in to follow this  
Guest alpha2003

Takeoff 737

Hi peopleI have two questiona. maybe you can help me.So in the Fmc I can choose the Climb Mode. Ok I set V2+10 and after a altitude N1 is activated. So my question is now when i dont activate FlCh and set the speed higher or lower the Fd does show my the wright pitch i have to fly with the airspeed i have insert. Why does he know how i have to fly when no Vertical Nav is choosen?I can only see Lnav and To/Ga an N1. Attention. This is only a techniqual question.2. How do the real life pilots do a takeoff with a 737?#Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi, (please sign your real name next time - PMDG rule)You really don't want to be climbing in FLCH - you want to use VNAV. Make sure you have the FMC properly preflighted so that a VNAV performance profile is created and then takeoff using the TOGA mode (screw to the left of the SPD window). Upon reaching 400 feet, you can engage VNAV and the AP CMD and it'll climb you at the proper speed and angle. Check out some of the tutorials availiable (Fred Clausen's would be a good one) for more info...

ok thanks.What i want to know is the difference between the Vertical Navigation to/ga and FlCh.When I do a takeoff first the pitch will be 15