Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anthony_D

Lowering volume of warning/caution sounds, AP disconnect, stall and GPWS sounds.

Guest Anthony_D

Evening all,Just spent the last day getting to grips with my new toy (747-400 v1.10).One problem I've having is with inadvertently annoying the neighbours and my flatmate. The normal engine, fan and general ambience of the cockpict is fine. However the sound of various warnings, cautions and GPWS call outs is far too loud. How can the volume of these sounds be changed? I've looked in the sound.cfg folder (fs9/aircraft/PMDG747***/sound) to see if there's a volume parameter for some of the sounds, but it only covers the stall warning.Here are the sounds I have problems with:Stall - Far too loud, when played in Windows Media Player it was fine, but in FS2004 it's extremely distorted. The volume in sound.cfg is set at 9800.AP Disconnect - very loud and repeats continuously (is this right?), unlike other boeing addons.Master Warning & Master Caution - again, I'll be getting served with an ASBO with these volumes!GPWS callouts 1000, 500, 400 etc.... Very loud in my PMDG 737 as well.Does anyone know how to readjust these sounds?Anthony Dyer

Hi Anthony,The sounds in question are stored in FS9/Sound/PMDG/747400 - to change the volume of individual sounds, you'd need to edit them and reduce the actual volume of the wav file using a sound editing program.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Andrea

My suggestion is not to edit (e.g. lower volume) PMDG sound files using Windows XP default editor, because it often deteriorate sound quality.Andrea