Sign in to follow this  
Guest danowat

747-400 Auto throttle problem

Hi All,I am having an issue with my 747-400 which I cannot seem to cure, I had'nt flown it for a while, it used to perform fine, but now this problem keep recurring, I hope its just a simple configuration, user issue, but I have search all the docs, and the forum too.After taking off, at about 5000ft, all of a sudden I will get an yellow EICAS warning saying autothrottle disconect for a brief second, then the fmc message warning, I look on the FMC which states "MAX ALT FL243", after this has happened, the AT wont re-engage.The PFD shows no AT mode, the AT switch or related buttons, THR or SPD have no effect, the AT just wont engage, when you turn the AT switch off you get the AT disconnect warning, but it just wont turn on.I have checked the overhead, and all seems fine there.Any help would be appreciated.Many ThanksDan,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Dan,Something is quite wrong if you're seeing a max altitude that low. My guess would be that you are far too heavy - could you post some screen shots of the panel where this is happening and also the details of the route and what your fuel and payload are?

Thanks for the reply, I did a fresh install of both FS and the 747, seems to have cleared it up for now.Dan,

Dan,good to see you're back after your time out.:-beerchug CheersThomas