Sign in to follow this  
Guest Badgeros

747 autoland disconnects

Help!Question for the 747 autoland.Would appreciate any help to determine why the AP disconnects on final in the 747 around 50 AGL. I beleive I have all set up right on approach. Everything is smooth and GS is locked on. I have a LAND readout with FLARE and ROLLOUT on the primary display. At around 50 AGL IU get a warning claxon announcing AP disconnect at which time I have to dive for the stick to get the girl on the ground.Do I need a LAND 3 for a full autoland and is that only available at some airports? This does not seem right as even at some major internationals I can't autoland. Could it have something to do with tuning for ILS as I do nothing now just select the RWY in the FMC and let the ILS fequency auto tune (eg I don't manually set the Freq for both vor 1 and 2).Any Help would be great.Regards,badgeros

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Do you have some weather program running with wake turbulance on?[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Randy,Deactivating the WT has corrected the problem. She's landing like a feather now. Tks a lot.BL