Sign in to follow this  
Guest benhoffman

Flight Planning and Dispatch

Guest benhoffman

Fellow Captains and Queen Drivers;Nothing I love more than spending an hour or two figuring out how I'm going to take my latest PMDG acquisition many miles around the earth in confidence;I'd be interested to see how others do thier planning and dispatch, and if we can, how ours vary from the real world.Things I check ... - Route (restricted airspace, perferred routes, tracks etc)- Weather (SIG/AIRMETs, prog charts, wind chart, turb, icing etc)- Fuel (minimum landing requirement, holding, taxi, APU, ETOPS add)- NOTAMS (airport & FIR, U/S navaids, closed jetways etc)- Airports (ATIS, TAF, NOTAMS, ARFF/RFFS)I plan on becoming a certified FAA Airline Dispatcher before too long, so more knowledge the better! I know one 744 pilot from ANZ and one from VIR so I'm trying to get some resources from them, soon as I do, I'll post here for all to enjoy :)Happy DX'ing

I use the 737-600 through 900. With the combination of AS6 (Active Sky V6) and FSBuild 2.22 Planner, for me that takes care of weather and fuel planning since the two are coupled. FSB at the time you select the aircraft has fields (in minutes) for HOLD, EXTRA, ALTERNATE, and TAXI. Flight fuel is calculated from the weather coupling (at the selected level).There also is a way to import NAT info.I do not have the NAT track link not links for NOTAMS, etc.In the real world I guess some dispatch offices can file an IFR plan for a slot at large airports. In FS the pilot files it.I use Radar Contact to get ATIS and for ATC while parked. The flight plan is loaded after FSB exports to FS9 for Radar Contact and AS6, also also exports to the FMC for loading as a COO ROUTE.AS6 can generate a NAVLOG for your route prior to starting FS that reports winds aloft along the route plus along with METARS at departure, destination, and an alternate. I choose the best FL from this, enter it into FSB and rebuild the plan and then print the FSB navlog.This seems to follow many parts of the dispatch provided reports to the pilot.www.wunderground.com has links to aviation weather maps such as sits and forecasts.

Guest flight78

Hi there Ben !. I plan on becoming a flight dispatcher to !. Would be fun and very intresting to get to know you. So send me a PM or something Or maybe i can send you one.Best r