Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

744F Requests

Hi,Just a few requests ;-)I entered the hold yesterday and my "Best Speed" value didn't change when I extended flaps.Also, I choose to select TAI at FL200 in the Forecast descent page. This didn't change the TOD point and I believe in RL it does considerably.Finally the Winds page;http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/140366.jpg:-)Best Regards,Paul

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I entered the hold yesterday and my "Best Speed" value didn't change when I extended flaps. Care to enlighten me on this a bit more in detail? What flaps speeds is it governed by exactly? Max flaps speeds? I know best speed is calculated byGross WeightAltitudeFlaps setting But this last part (flaps setting) is so generic and implies at least to me a flap setting that is already extended - yet, could also apply 'post facto' but then one would wonder why one would extend flaps in this situation, perhaps ATC asking for a reduced spd in a hold?? If one has entered a hold and needs to slow to flaps operation speeds will settings flaps generate a "newly" calculated best speed for the hold? Say one selects flaps 1, will best speed now become flaps 1 maneuvering speed? That is beyond me to answer for certainty and I would gather for most people. If you have some proof in AOMS etc on how exactly this logic works I will be happy to pass the word in beta...[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Also, I choose to select TAI at FL200 in the Forecast descent page. This didn't change the TOD point and I believe in RL it does considerably. Yes it should and lets just say (sorry cannot comment upon testing) =P[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|