Sign in to follow this  
Guest machammer

737NG Newbe Question Auto Pilot Flight Steps

First I Have done the following.Read:Cockpit and Systems ManualAutomatic Flight Management Systems ManualRead Robert S. Randazzo PMDGTC Autothrottle Care and Feeding but suspect this is not for the 737NG.Created and flew a flight using the FMC from KPHL 9L to KJFK 4L using the AROKE approach.I am writing this because I cannot figure out how to setup an Auto Pilot flight for this same route.On the ground I can't get anything displayed in the MCP other than ARM displayed in the THRUST section of MCP. The manuals talk about a TO/GA switch which I can't find. The ROLL and PITCH sections of the MCP are blank. Again this is when I'm sitting at the end of the runway waiting for takeoff.I hate to ask this but at this point I am frustrated after many hours of trying to figure this out. So, can someone please list a step by step procedure to accomplish this type of flight.Thanks in advance to all who reply.Bill

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Bill, The TOGA switch is a hidden click spot located on the top left MCP (Mode Control Panel) SCREW. I think you mean FMA not MCP (Flight Mode Annunciation)on the PDF. At 50' the roll mode should become WINGS LEVEL in TO mode (This is company specific and might be able to be changed in the PMDG option menu in game). [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Bill,Done many autopilot flights (usually leave flying when I pop down to Tesco). Suggestions:-Flight Director - On.A/P (CMD) - OnHeading - select runway heading on Heading indicatorAltitude - select first expected cleared level.Auto throttles - arm.Click the hidden TOGA and bingo - you should go provided you've programmed the FMC correctly with the V speeds etc. Always works for me. Then when on approach, select:-R/W headingCrse (also to runway heading.ILS frequency in BOTH Nav radiosBOTH A/P CMD (A&:( to on.try one of the tutorials that are about (The Geezer guide is a good one) you'll find loads of links in this forum if you do a search.Best of luck