Sign in to follow this  
Guest CoasterXtreme982

More trouble...

Guest CoasterXtreme982

I posted a few days ago about a problem i was having with the 747 LNav and I still can't get it to work. Here is a screenshot of my panel and I was clicking LNav from a bit before that point up to that point. My plane is right near the waypoint so there is no reason why it shouldn't engage LNav: http://mattsorce.com/panel.bmpWhy is LNav not engaging? There is no message in the FMC either so I don't have a clue why it doesn't work.

1] You need to sign you name to your posts to get help from PMDG.2] Your link does not work so I cannot looks at the picture. You can simply load up the pic to Avsim and display it right in your posts. See here http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=147&topic_id=83146&mesg_id=83146&page= [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest Robin.B

Randy, the image works for me - maybe it was down before. (Though please convert your images to a JPEG before uploading! This takes 2 years to fully load.)What happens when you press LNAV? Nothing?

Guest pjholl

I'm not sure if this makes much difference, but I am aware that your suppose to press LNAV and VNAV BEFORE takeoff to ARM them, then once youve taken off all you have to do is press CMD L @ ~1000ft and it should all work. I always do this to see if everything works before takeoff so your problem doesnt happen.Was it working before and then just turned off? plus check your flight plan, more than likely your FMC doesnt like the route!Paul

Guest CoasterXtreme982

When I took off LNav worked correctly. I then saved the game later on and came back to it after a few hours. LNav would not engage after I loaded up the panel I saved. When I press LNav the first time the light will go on then it will go off. After that if i press it nothing happens at all and the FMC doesn't report any problems. There is no reason why the FMC wouldn't like the route because it was planned using the FS flight planner.~Matt

your fuel settings are messed up and you need to activate the emergency lights

Guest D17S

I get this kind of thing too. I have a bunch of test flight setups 'in the can' that I run. The PMDG panel state will save along with the MSFS save function. I often have to go through all sorts of irrational button pushing to get back to a full Vnav/Lnav/AT engagement. As far as I can tell, saving flights is just a buggy deal. Rarely do I get a clean return to a previous state. This is pretty ragged advise, but it's often the only way I can ever get the AFS fully re-engaged if it 'hangs' when I try to restart a flight. Just try disco'ing the entire AFDS and bring it back up piece by piece. Essentially, just keep beating on those MCP buttons till it comes back. It's not a 'rational' aircraft operational sequence. For me, it always come back, eventually. (If you are going set up a final approach / autoland sequence to show off with, give it a couple of extra miles. You might need it!)