Sign in to follow this  
Guest skylark

FMC 737NG - saving data

Guest skylark

HelloCan anyone please tell me how I can save the FMC data that I have input when I save the flight using MSFS2004? The flight is saved and when loaded places the plane at the end of the runway where it was saved. However, the FMC contains no data and it has all to be re-inputted. As I tend to make a lot of flying errors and need to start over and over again this is driving me crazy. Thank you in advanceSkylark

RTFM... :) Ok, seriously...The thing you need to keep in mind is that this is a two-step process. You have to save your FS9 flight and your FMC flight plan separately. It sounds like you know how to save your FS9 flight. To save your FMC flight plan, go to the RTE page and click the LSK and you should be good to go.The PMDG documentation is pretty good on this topic. So, checkout pages 18 - 20 of the FMC User Manual (Chapter 8) for a clear explanation of saving and loading flight plans in the FMC. Bob

In addition to what was posted you can go to the Index/NAVDATA and LSK FLIGHTPLANS. This will open a page of your saved flightplan listings. Use NXT if necessary until your desired name appears in the list. Pressing the LSK next to the name places it in the scratchpad.You can now load the plan into the FMC RTE first page as described above.This is also how you retrieve plans in the PMDG format as exported by FSBuild and other planners.

Guest skylark

Hello BobMany thanks for your help. I admit I haven't yet read the manual as I have been following instructions in Mike Ray's "Flying the Boeing 700 series sims How to do it Manual" in which he makes no mention of this. I will now read the PMDG manual properly - honest.Once again thanks for your patience and help. I hope that I won't need to ask any more stupid questions. By the way this is my first use of the forum - I am very impressed.RegardsSkylark

Guest skylark

Hi RonzieThanks for your advice. They didn't seem like puddles when I was in Minneapolis about 20 years ago.RegardsSkylark