Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Strange auto-reload of terrain at sunset.....oink?!#$?

Flying along in the Queen down the western U.S. this afternoon, I observed that at some point when it was approaching sunset, the terrain in FS spontaenously decided to reload just like that, out of the blue. It was most bizarre. Suddenly after the re-load, which took about 5 seconds, I found myself flying along the same heading in twilight, the sky textures having changed by about half an hour forwards in the process toward night. I had observed once or twice long ago in the PMDG NG that a strange thing like this occurred with textures or terrain. In the NG, I had a weird change of things at dawn as the sun rose.Has anybody else experienced this strange action or is it just me (as usual--prolly!) ?Jonathan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Jonothan:This is a MS phenomonon that I first noticed when involved in one of the "Round The World" races. It often seems to occur at even 15 degree divisions of longitude. The reason that this was an issue for us was that we used the end of flight FA screen for validation of the race leg and the reload would cause it to start a new flight trace. I had a lot of issues with this with my "mainframe", but not with my less capable laptop!Do you have the FS9.1 patch installed? This may help.Good Luck! Tom

Tom:Yeah, I do have the patch installed. Y'know, I did half-wonder if it had something to do with crossing a certain lat or lon or an air control zone because this afternoon's "leap" occurred at an air control line I saw in FsNavigator at 49 deg N. I was heading south at the moment it happened. I did not see it with my own eyes, I was at my other PC for a few moments and when I turned back to my FS PC, boom! the terrain was re-loading. Well, I guess I don't mind this weirdness as long as it does not de-stabilize the flight. Jonathan