Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsdave

FMC/Autopilot questions

Yesterday i flew my first IFR flight on VATSIM in my PMDG 747-400. However i have two issues about the flight.I flew from EGPG to EGLL using route DCS UN615 HONI entered the route into the FMC and then i was given the DCS1C departure by EGPH tower. Thereofre i entered the sid into the FMC and the flight ran smoothly up until the approach. I was switched to the EGLL approach frequency and the controller told me to fly direct to BNN. However, there was now a 'no active route' FMC message but i now needed to fly to BNN. 1) how would i now enter the BNN waypoint into the FMC so that the autoplito would fly me to BNN?2) For example, if i manually took off and flew to 10,000ft and heading 200, how would i then use the autopilot to fly to 20,000ft and a heading of 300? i.e. which buttons would i have to press on the MCP to activate the new altitude and heading?Many thanks for you patience

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dave,1. Input BNN onto the first line of the LEGS page and press exec. This will perform a direct-to on BNN. The reason you saw NO ACTIVE ROUTE is because the FMC ran out of loaded waypoints to fly to.2. You would press HDG SEL with the knob set to 300, and either VNAV or FLCH with the MCP alt set to 20000.