Sign in to follow this  
smalleye

Computer restart

Hi all.I have a weird problem with the B744 which already happened a few times to me.If I'm panning around in the cockpit (2d cockpit) then all of a sudden the screen goes black and my computer restarts. This will not happen every time but always when you're not expecting it.Is somebody known with this problem?Regards,Peter.BTW it's a great plane anyway.

Guest keiron

I get this problem to as well... i'm not sure what it is.. maybe it could be the trafficinfo.dll as i've noticed thats an older file version compared to the rest of the FS9.1 versions..i looked through my modules folder and found TrafficInfo.DLL and noticed its file version 9.0.0.30612 which looks to me an old Fs9.0 version dll instead of 9.1.0.4091

Gents,I would suspect a computer restart most likely to be some protective measure. If you have overclocked your computer and your motherboard has the protection mechanisms to shut itself down if the temperatures goes too high. I guess this goes for some graphics card/mother board combos as well.A instant restart does not point to a file problem. But rather to a temperature/hardware problem.Cheers,

Guest dghart

>Gents,>>I would suspect a computer restart most likely to be some>protective measure. If you have overclocked your computer and>your motherboard has the protection mechanisms to shut itself>down if the temperatures goes too high. I guess this goes for>some graphics card/mother board combos as well.>>A instant restart does not point to a file problem. But rather> to a temperature/hardware problem.>>Cheers,>Matts,Don't forget that Windows can be configured to automatically restart a crashed program. Next time it crashes, uncheck "automatically restart program", or something similar to that...Dave Hart

Ah... Forgot about that.Yeah. As Dave said. It can be found in the Properties for My Computer somewhere.Cheers,

Guest D17S

Think Power Supply or CPU cooling. The PMDG airplane is a big load for any system. A restart means that a "last straw" has been loaded on to the camel's back . . . and the poor beast just couldn't take it. Just to try something, get Motherboard Monitor (google it, it's free). Set it up to record a log of temps and volts at one second intervals. Now fire up MSFS with PMDG and everything you've got. Try to crash the system. If you can, then reboot and check the log. You are looking for volts going low or temp trending up. Worth a try. Sounds like the addon may have taken your system right to the ragged edge.