Sign in to follow this  
Guest g4jft

Using multipul screens with pmdg 737ng

Guest g4jft

Can you anyone please advise me, i would like to bring the the FMC on the pmdg 737-800 onto a seperate monitor,is the best way to have two seperate systems networked or a deuel output video card bareing in mind i would not like to comprimise f/r.The system i have at present is as followsP4 3.4 1056meg ramNivida Ti4600 128meg ramAlso how or what software would be required to atchieve thisThat you for reading this and the help i have gathered from this forumPaul

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Paul,I have two monitors on my system both plugged into my Nvidia FX 5600 graphics card (256mb). Works very well, frames rates only really take a hit if I try running two outside views at once and then its still pretty exceptable. I generally use the main screen for forward cockpit view and the extra screen for throttles, radios and second FMC. Remember you have to press Alt Enter to change modes and undock the views one by one before you can drag them over to the other screen. Then Alt - Enter again and away you go. Works brilliantly and I still get minimum 20FPS (Landings and take-offs) 25/30 in flight.

Paul,You might wanna do an advanced search on this in this forum. It pops up for discussion every now and then. Last time was a day or so ago: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...02325&mode=fullFor your purpose you only need a video card with two monitor outputs. Most cards on the higher end spectrum has one analog and one DVI output which is good enough, you need an adaptor for DVI->analog if you have two analog monitors though.If your card doesn't support two outputs an extra PCI card should give you the desired extra output and they are relatively cheap. As long as you are only using your second monitor for 2D panels there's no need for any monster card.No extra software required. Windows XP will take care of the setup of the monitors. You need to set up the second monitor in the Hardware settings in MSFS though.Hope it helps,

Guest g4jft

Dave,Thank you for your reply did as you suggested and can now get FMC ect on seperate monitor,as you said frame rate have not changed have not tried differant view as yet will try later.Thanks again PAUL