Sign in to follow this  
clements

737NG: Bleached taxi, landing and r/w turnoff lights

Hi all, I was wondering if others have had problems with the 737NG's taxi, landing and runway turnoff lights "bleaching" the landscape (runways, taxiways, etc.). I have tried different combinations of the lights on and off and I still get the same results. I actually find it easier to see the runway by turning the lights off when landing...that ain't right ;-).Look at the screenshots below. Notice how the runway numbers are barely visible on the cockpit view and not visible at all on the external view. I would expect these lights to illuminate, not drowned out the scenery. The lighting effect on the plane is beautiful in the extneral view (notice the tail and the fuselage), but I'd really like to improve the taxi, landing and runway turnoff lights. Is there a setting or a replacement texture that I can use?Cockpit view:http://www.clements-family.com/images/fs9/...unway-Cockp.jpgExternal view:http://www.clements-family.com/images/fs9/...Runway-Rear.jpg

Mr Nameless,This is a MSFSism. One way to decrease the 'bleeching' would be to turn off landing lights when taxi lights are lit and vice versa.I vaguely remember something about replacement lighting in the AVSIM library as well... You'd need to do a search though...Hope it helps,

Guest afluhart

Do an extended search on avsim for this author... Sascha Rieger. I use the reality pack 1.2 and it updates the lighting nicely.