Sign in to follow this  
Guest gremel

Widescreen Display

Guest gremel

Can anybody tell me where & what I should be looking for in purchasing a good 21" or 23" Widescreen monitor? I'm concerned because I don't know if the FS2004 & PMDG software will fill out the whole screen and what the definition will be...and becuase some games do not accuratey support wide-screen displays you might be flustered if the image looks abnormally stretched.. I assume that FS2004 supports the wide aspect ratios and if so, what is that ratio? Do you have to have 16 or can you get away with 16:10?If this is the wrong forum to discuss this, please accept my apologies and direct it accordingly.Regards & thanks for any inputs.jack

Guest atomichead

I have Dell's 24" Widescreen and I couldn't be happier. FS9 has native support for 1920x1200 and the 737NG looks great. The only thing that's askew is the 2D panel. It's stretched out in the horizontal direction, but by no means unusable. If you spend most of your time in VC (which I do), you won't be sorry.You can find more Widescreen gaming info at widescreengamingforum.com

You can adjust the stretched 2d panel.Move your cursor to the right edge of the 2d Panel. Left mouse click and resize it. You will now have some extra real estate to your right.Display whatever guages that you want and place it there. I typically move the throttle guage there.You can now save the flight. Next time when you load it.. it should all be set.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest gremel

Thanks for the advise.Regards,jack