Sign in to follow this  
Guest gremel

Good monitor for PMDG software

Guest gremel

Anybody have a Gateway 21" Widescreen Monitor? I'm thinking on buying one to run PMDG 737 & 747 series software. I'm wandering how good it will show and if it will show on the whole screen and not just a partial showing.The resolution is 1680 by 1080 & I was wandering if I should hold out for a 1600X1200 resolution or would that matter!!The brightness is 300:1 and the contrast is 1000:1....Model # is FPD2185W "LCD Monitor" with 8ms response time.HD-ready via DVI with HDCP and component inputs.Anybody have one of these and like it.Regards & thanks for any inputs.jack

Guest piper99

I have been using FS2004 on my laptop's widescreen. Resolution is 1600x1050. Unfortunately FS2004 does not take advantage of the wide resolution.The 2D panels are squashed and streches in order to accomodate the wider screen. Not good.As for the 3D displays, including the virtual cockpit, the proportions and perspective are respected. However the actual image is the same as you would have on a 4:3 monitor less the top and bottom parts. In other words, there is less information displayed on a widescreen for the same zoom level as on normal screen. I end up setting up my LCD to work as a 4:3 screen with blank bands on each side (resolution 1400x1050). See attached images for comparison. These are screenshots at 1400x1050 and 1600x1050 (wide). Note I have enlarged the first image with blank band to show how the screen actually looks like.Conclusion: I wouldn't recommend buying a widescreen if the only use for it is FS2004.Cheers,Christophe.

I've been using a 20'1" Dell Ultrasharp flat panel at 1600 x 1200 with no problems at all. Do a search here in the screenies forum for examples.I do not use 'wide-screen' mode, not even sure if I have that...lol, just the native 1600 x 1200.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest lespindo

Jack I have an ADVENT 30" Wide Screen that I bought only for my Flight simulator It is not A fancy one, but Man It is incredible the Flight Experience. I can only tell you that you will never go back to a computer monitor. My buddies at flight school help me cary all this junk to school so that we can practice Commercial Instrument flying.they even come to my home and fly................go for it...