Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daniel Slade

NAV Radio and Scenery

Guest Daniel Slade

Hi all,Anyone solved this one yet. I have the UK Airports by Gary Summons.The problem I am having is: To activate the air gates and all animated vehicles and passengers you need to swap the NAV 1 Freq. Simple in all other aircraft but not the 747 (Queen) as the nav radios are part of the FMC.I have tried asigning a keyboard short cut. Does not work.I have tried using FSUIPC to assign a keystroke. Does not work.I have tried using FSUIPC to assign a yoke button. Does not work.Any ideas guy's, or anyone from PMDG have a hidden control for this??Thanks for your helpDaniel

Guest D17S

Swap the frequency means you want to change to a specific VOR frequency? Just in case . . . you're aware the VOR radios can be tuned manually from the NAVRAD page by typing the freq into the scratch pad and up selecting it to LSK 1L/R?

Guest Daniel Slade

Hi Sam,I have taken an extract from the manual to explain it better, I have asked the scenery developers if there is another way but at the moment this can't be changed.---------------------------------------------------------------------4) Air GatesAt large airports (Gatwick) You will have interactive air gates. This air gates will only be found on the

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hi Daniel,I seem to remember a post about this back when the temp forums were running. It's apparantly due to the way the radios are made to run in the 747, through a custom pmdg system.I'm pretty sure that it is down to an internal switching of the frequencies so that you can have a seperate ILS frequency along with 2 standard NAV radios. The switching is needed as FS only has two nav radio ability.Because the FS Nav1 is constantly flipping back and forth as commanded by the 747 these freq. activated gates don't function. I dunno if you could try putting the same frequency into all the radios, might work?I'll try and find the original post I'm thinking of for you.Cheers,David

Guest wee_davie_2612

Daniel,Looks like I was right (sort of).http://pmdg.forumsplace.com/message-239.ht...light=gates+navI think if you're using a gate that needs two freq. all the time then, frankly, you're up the creek. If it's a gate that needs only one freq. then it should be ok.Hopefully more scenery designers will start using a system like the cloud9 EHAM - does everything itself automatically.CheersDavid

David,I'm afraid you are correct. And I too would like to see airport designers find another way to control their dynamic scenery. After all we don't get a jetway just by tuning a radio in real life. I would love to see some interactive radio communications with fictive ground staff sort of like the default ATC.Cheers,