Sign in to follow this  
Guest amsterdamer

Decision height

Guest Aubrey

Hi,push MINS (MINIMUMS) on EFIS panel, for your choose you can set either BARO (your height grounds on barometric altitude, or when your make non-precision approach) or RADIO (height grounds on radio altimeter altitude, or you make precision approach) limits. After this set DH by RST selector (it placed under MINS, underside of RST selector), your settings will be represented on FD.Vadim

the only thing i can get to display on the PFD is BARO and RADIO.can you get 'DH300' or 'MDA210' to actually display on the PFD or is it not modelled?

Guest dghart

>the only thing i can get to display on the PFD is BARO and>RADIO.>>can you get 'DH300' or 'MDA210' to actually display on the PFD>or is it not modelled? No need to display DH or MDA, DH is Radio (ILS precision approach), MDA is BARO (VOR non-precision approach) That's the way it is in the real world...Dave Hart

Guest stevesj

The Virgin 747 in the DVD has DH and MDA, maybe it's an option...What I am not sure about is if I put RADIO on the PFD, BARO is still also present so which one doe's the aircraft use, can a choice be selected.?Steve

Guest Matthias1975

Like Dave already said....DH is RADIO and MDA is BARO....If you do not press the button on the MCP, there is just MDA visible on the PFD but you can also set the DH and make it visible for ILS approaches by clicking on the appropriate button

Guest stevesj

I thought MDA and DH were two different things, maybe I need to check. Going back to the Virgin DVD, they have two different settings one for each for this makes me think it's both not either or.If it's either BARO (MDA) or RADIO (DH) and MDA is non-precission then I wonder why that is the default...Is this the same on the F ?CheersSteve