Sign in to follow this  

Round the World Challenge - Part Five - East Asia

Hi all,A man tries to get a couple hours of sleep and you guys fly around the world! New maps shortly, after I get some coffee! -------------Michael"The one fellow who is really broke in the air is the one who is out of both altitude and airspeed" (Wolfgang Langewieche, Stick and Rudder)

Also just an FYI to the next pilot, there is a serious T-Storm, 1000agl ceiling, and lightening all around. It's a nice airport from what I could tell in the dark. Lightening strikes nearby light up the aircraft and the terrain around you. I haven't been in a T-Storm with so much lightening since FS2000.--------------Paul Meyerwww.KryptonAir.comwww.TheVirtualAirline.com

Hi fellow RTW'ers,We have made considerable progress since I slept. Just a hop skip and a jump away from North America. We'll be home in no time. I will start updating the map every 3 flights or so from now on. I would like to find a map that I can display the route with geographical information. Anybody have any ideas?As promised here is the new maps:Legs-1. EGLL-LFRB-- Grumman HU-162. LFRB-LFDN-- Piper Archer II3. LFDN-DAAJ-- Beech 1900D4. DAAJ-HLLT-- Convair 5805. HLLT-DAAJ-- Piper Cheyenne6. DAAJ-DATM-- Beech King Air 3507. DATM-GCXO-- Cessna 421C8. LPFL-GQQN-- Beech 1900D9. GQQN-GQNI-- Saab 34010. GQNI-GATS-- Cessna 421C11. GATS-DRZR-- Pilatus PC-1212. DRZR-DNMA-- Cessna 20813. DNMA-FTTC-- Rockwell OV-10 Bronco14. FTTC-HSSS-- Saab 34015. HSSS-OERK-- Piaggo P18016. OERK-OMAA-- Beech B1900D17. OMAA-OIMB-- Piper Cheyenne 40018. OIMB-OAMS-- Cessna 421C19. OAMS-OAKB-- Pilatus PC-1220. OAKB-UAAH-- Piaggo P18021. UAAH-UAAA-- Beech Baron 5822. UAAA-UAAH-- Douglas DC-322. UAAH-UAAA-- Beech Baron 5823. UAAA-ZMBS-- Piper Cheyenne 40024. ZMBS-ZMBN-- Cesnna 421C25. ZMBN-ZYHB-- Connie26. ZYHB-UHSS-- P-51 Reno Air RacesAirports-1. EGLL-- Heathrow Intl - London, United Kingdom2. LFRB-- Guipavas - Brest, France3. LFDN-- St. Agnant - Rochefort, France4. HLLT-- Tripoli Intl - Tripoli, Libya5. DAAJ-- Tiska - Djanet, Algeria6. DATM-- Bordj Mokhtar, Algeria7. GCXO-- Los Rodeos - Tenerife, Spain8. GQQN-- Nouakchott - Mauritania, Africa9. GQNI-- Nema, Mauritania10. GATS-- Tessalit, Mali11. DRZR-- Zinder, Niger12. DNMA-- Maiduguri, Nigeria13. FTTC-- Abeche, Chad14. HSSS-- Khartoum, Sudan15. OERK-- King Khalid Intl - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia16. OMAA-- Abu Dhabi Intl - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates17. OIMB-- Birjand, Iran18. OAMS-- Mazar-E-Sharif, Afghanistan19. OAKB-- Kabul Intl - Kabul, Afghanistan20. UAAH-- Balkhash, Kazakhstan21. UAAA-- Almaty, Kazakstan22. ZMBS-- Bulgam Sum, China23. ZMBN-- Bulgam, China24. ZYHB-- Taiping - Harbin, China25. UHSS-- KHOMUTOVO - Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, RussiaTotal Distance Flown: 14188 nmDistance from Origin: 4601 nmDistance to SAN DIEGO: (est.) 4871 nm-------------Michael"The one fellow who is really broke in the air is the one who is out of both altitude and airspeed" (Wolfgang Langewieche, Stick and Rudder)

Wait a minute? Is the baton at UHSS or UHPP? Sorry still confused here

Guest emergency_pants

Paul Meyer landed at UHSS

but I see UHPP listed up higher as the last airport?

Sorry bout that guys, You are correct, I forgot to take it out when I was updating everything. UHPP was the orig. destination, but he made it to UHSS. I will fix the maps immediately!Update: They are fixed, still wiping the sleep out fo my eyes. :-scatter -------------Michael

aahhhh, ok, well i'll take tha baton then at UHSS NOW! ;-)Thanks

Guest emergency_pants

>I would like to find a map that I can >display the route with geographical information. Anybody >have any ideas? Michael.. is this what you're after?this one is 800x400 but I can supply you with any dimension up to 4096x2048!!This is compressed a little, so if you want me to mail you an uncompressed one, let me know.Cheers,Simon.

Question:Is Fred's official "I got the baton" time 1:25pm or 1:59pm...?Hawkeyez :-kewl

His time is 1:59 (Eastern). This is because the map added a bit of confusion.Everyone can, of course, verify for themselves what's going on by looking for the last Location Post -- another good reason why people should re-subject their messages when they post here!!--Tony

Hi All,Thanks for the map Emergency Pants. I am testing this out. This is the first time I've ever used Photoshop and I'm not sure it looks great but its worth a shot. Let me know if you guys like or not.3Maybe I should do the route in red? How do I post a screenshot above mt sig?-------------Michael"The one fellow who is really broke in the air is the one who is out of both altitude and airspeed" (Wolfgang Langewieche, Stick and Rudder)

OK, i just landed in Petropawlovsk-Kamchatsk (UHPP) and the weather finally cleared up from the time I left (UHSS) Had overcast from 1000 feet all the way up to 33000. Finally cleared so I could see a little about half way to UHPP.Departed at 18:56 Zulu landed at 20:48 Zulu flying the Cheyenne 400.