Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Sound Card Causing Pauses?

Hello all. My computer has just been upgraded and I have a FS2000 running smoother than I've ever seen it. However, I still get the dreaded pauses when ATC starts speaking. It's frustrating to be heading down the runway for t/o and just before rotation ATC breaks in or someone calls on final or something and my screen pauses for a half a second or so. I wonder if this is something that can be corrected. Are there people running pause free with ATC? Thanks for any advise. Jeff C.

I've got an SBLive and I get a slight pause also. If you want to get rid of it, open the sounds menu in FS and turn the sound quality down to low and no more pauses. Only problem I had was some occasional sound anomalies like crackling every now and then. Other than that, you could try going to start/run and typing in dxdiag and click ok. A window will open. Click on the sound tab and move the sound acceleration slider to basic and then close out. That'll get you a couple extra frames with no noticeable difference in sound quality; but didn't solve the atc pause for me.

Besides turning the sound quality down, you might check to see if your sound and graphics adapter are sharing IRQs. If they are, you might try moving the sound card to a different slot away from the graphics adapter.