Sign in to follow this  
Guest addonzealot

747F Fuel Planner

Guest addonzealot

:)Good morning captains:In case my identity is not properly shown, my name is Marco Bivins.My question today is about the 747F fuel planner utility. There seems to be a discrepancy between the basic operating empty weight and the zero fuel weight.As I understand it, BOW + Payload = ZFW. Correct? I have loaded 162,600lbs of cargo onboard the 747F via the load manager that came with the aircraft. I know this is a payload figure. When I add BOW + Payload on my handheld calculator, I show a ZFW figure of 556,600lbs. However, within the load manager utility the ZFW figure is shown to be 527,126lbs. It appears to me that the BOW figure is off by 29,474lbs. Understand that I have not changed any weights within FS2004. This is all being experienced with the load manager for the 747F.Is there something I'm not understanding?:-) Afterall, this is the first time I have ever attempted to calculate a realistic fuel load.I am not complaining....at least there is a fuel planning table within the manual that I can use to arrive at somewhat of a realistic fuel load. Any input from will be GREATLY appreciated:-yellow1 Marco Bivins

Guest rgeorgiou

Hi Marco and PMDG,I've also just come across the same issue. My PAX weight is: 1440 lbsMy Cargo weight is: 174795 lbsMy Zero fuel weight is: 540761.540761-1440-174795=364526 lbs !This is 29474 less than the expected BOW of 394000 lbs.Could it be that the BOW of the 747F is less than that of the pax version?ThanksRichard Georgiou

Guest rgeorgiou

Hi Marco and PMDG again!Ooops!I've just checked another post re the same issue and found that is actually states on the Boeing web site that the BOW of the 747F is actually 364526 lbs.Doh!Richard Georgiou

Guest Ray51

so thats how much 300 odd seats and assorted bulkheads weight lolRay