Sign in to follow this  
Guest Foizman

744 CDU route input

Guest Foizman

Hi captains,using the PSS330/340 it was possible to enter the route-data using a syntax simmilar to "WAYPOINT/VIA" -> LSKs xRIn the PMDG744 I must enter "WAYPOINT" ->LSK xRthen"VIA" ->LSK xLIs there a work-around available which is not mentioned in the AOM to enter a waypoint and a via at the same time? (Of course I can use FS-Build etc.)greets,Volker

Guest Matthias1975

Hi Volker,never heared of this on a Boeing. I guess the problem is that on the RTE page, WAYPOINTS are assigned to the right LSK and VIA (Airways) to the left LSK and the FMC is not programmed for inputs like you suggested (e.g. WPT/VIA or vice versa at once).If I remember right there are some 744 techniciants around here so maybe they know hopefully more.

Volker,The Airbus MCDU works in a COMPLETELY different manner from the way Boeing FMC's do. There's nothing equivalent to the FLT-PLN or LAT REV pages/modes the way you're describing on the 747. You have to use the RTE page 2+ by entering the TO waypoint on the right, and the VIA on the left on the line below it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Foizman

thanx for your responses. So I needn't search for it anylongerregards,Volker