Sign in to follow this  
Guest smjfreeman

Good books to read

Guest smjfreeman

Hi all,In an attempt to better myself, I have been reading a few RW pilot books. I find they all help when it comes to adding realism to your simulation, and they open more doors for you to "try" new things out.The best overall book I've found is "Handling the big jets" by DP Davies. Some of you will have probably read it already. For those who haven't, its excellent. It really helped my understanding of the flying qualities. Scenarios such as landing without flaps, with high stall speeds are very handy.However, there is another called "The pilots guide to the modern airliner cokpit", by Casner - a VERY good book on the FMC.... however, it is based on the 737NG interface, and although the 744 is "covered" and its differences highlighted, I would like more detail for the queen.I'm at the point where I'd like to go into max detail in the CDU, and would like to know if anyone has any reccomendations to the best written, most informative sources. Amazon links appreciated, although I cant find any personally.Thanks

hi, a book called "Fly the Wing " is very good as well. It covers a lots of basic aircraft knowledge and technique which flightsimmers always do not know and care. The new edition also convers some technique and procedure(e.g. stall...) for FBW aircraft(A320 in specific)... In fact, "fly the Wing" and "handling the big jets" are both the required reading material for AC pilot interview. (ie you must know the contents of these book very well before go to the interview)ben