Sign in to follow this  
Guest allblack

747 CD nearly here....

Guest allblack

....and when it arrives, the first thing I'm going to want to do is fly. Doh!So, to save frustration then, I'm going to ask now.What do I need to do to have the plane all set up, all systems go including engines, ready for pushback? (excluding FMC, coz I know how to do that!)Thanks in advance for any replies.I'm up to page 38 of the manual, and it's all good. Though there's a section on fuel loading (?), and in the example used, the CG was at 23%.How can the CG be defined as a percentage?Thanks again.CheersTimNZWN

>....and when it arrives, the first thing I'm going to want to>do is fly. Doh!>>So, to save frustration then, I'm going to ask now.>>What do I need to do to have the plane all set up, all systems>go including engines, ready for pushback? (excluding FMC, coz>I know how to do that!)>>Thanks in advance for any replies.>>I'm up to page 38 of the manual, and it's all good. Though>there's a section on fuel loading (?), and in the example>used, the CG was at 23%.>>How can the CG be defined as a percentage?>>Thanks again.>>Cheers>Tim>NZWNHi Tim,I assume you're referring to the ITVV 747 videos. They're all great whichever one you get. If you want everything ready to go, just simply create the flight and put the airplane where you want it. The engines will already be running. But if you plan to be parked at the gate and do a pushback, the engines are normally shut down. I think there are ocassions where the engines are started prior to pushback at airports equiped with special tugs powerful enough to push a 747 back with engines running. I don't start my engines until the later part of the pushback. The best thing to do is to follow the Normal Procedures manual. This tells you everything that has to be done. The normal procedures are usually done by memory. But you also have a checklist that the flight crew uses to make sure everything has been performed such as Cockpit Safety Check, Before Start, Cleared for Engine Start, After Engine Start, Before Take-Off. Just follow the manual and you want go wrong. Of course, if there's anything you don't understand in the manual, just let us know.The CG is the Center of Gravity for the aircraft. The 23% means that the CG is located at 23% of mean aerodynamic cord or MAC. Hope this helpsKen.

Guest AJ

>....and when it arrives, the first thing I'm going to want to>do is fly. Doh!>>So, to save frustration then, I'm going to ask now.>>What do I need to do to have the plane all set up, all systems>go including engines, ready for pushback? (excluding FMC, coz>I know how to do that!)>>Thanks in advance for any replies.>>I'm up to page 38 of the manual, and it's all good. Though>there's a section on fuel loading (?), and in the example>used, the CG was at 23%.>>How can the CG be defined as a percentage?>>Thanks again.>>Cheers>Tim>NZWNStart with a cold and dark airplane and just follow the normal procedures guide. Its the best way there is.