Sign in to follow this  
Vauban

B737-700 radio stack switches on/off in mid-flight

Hi, I started up my B737-700 that I've been happily flying for the last couple of months and today found I couldn't retune any frequencies on the radio stack. I flew anyway and found that after a while the radio stack was ok. Then I was just turning onto the localizer and I lost the ILS signal - the radio stack had stopped working again.Has anyone come across this problem?ThanksGeoff

Geoffrey Kent

Wow, have to dust off the archives for this one! :-)If I remember correctly this could have something to do with the FS battery becoming discharged. I believe there is an option in FSUIPC to turn this FS "Feature" off. I am not able to access FS right now, but post a reply if you can't find it and I will find it.

Thanks for the info. I checked my FSUIPC settings and found "Extend battery life (indefinitely if value = 0)" was set to zero - so I guess that's not the problem.Geoff

Geoffrey Kent

Next step would be to take a look at the electrical buses and ensure they are all powered up. Do you have failures enabled?

I'd already disabled failures - I have enough problems as it is ;-) So it wasn't that. I've restarted FS and all's ok again. But it was a show-stopper while it lasted.Geoff

Geoffrey Kent