Sign in to follow this  
Guest cornclose

Two things...

Hi, i have to little "problems":1. I use real weather downloads while flying (downloaded with "RealWeather" by Bearsoft). It seems to me, that no european airport has visibility information in the download. The visibility is 60 nm everytime and everywhere in Europe.In the USA, the visibility is very very very often limited, to 50 miles, or to 8 miles, my last landing was at about 1 mile visibility, which makes flying really nice.2. A friend of mine got a new computer: XP home, Athlon 2100+, Geforce4 4200 (by ASUS). FS2002 is running good. If using the antialiasing in fullscreen mode, no menues are shown anymore (not even the popupmenues when clicking the right mouse button).If he disables antialiasing or switches to windowed mode, the problems has gone.Any information on the probs above?Thanks in advanceBodo

Bodo,If you're serious about using real weather I would recommend FSMeteo over any other 3rd party product and the in-built weather facility in FS2002. Just about all serious pilots use it. You can find out more here: - http://205.151.62.117/FSMET.htmI can't help on the AA question- sorry.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Martin

>Just about all serious pilots use it.They do? Even those who would rather spend around

I like FS Meteo on the fact it updates the weather every 6 minutes. Julian

Martin,<

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Martin

That's good. But the weather reports usually only update every hour. I'm not saying FSMeteo isn't good, I'm just saying that I'm not sure I think it's worth

Guest Martin

Bodo asked for advice on the problem with no visibility getting downloaded for European airports with the default weather. While I'm sure he wouldn't mind knowing there is a payware option, I think that he's more interested in knowing if there is a solution to the problem, and if anyone else is seeing it or if it's just him.I have 767 PIC and if someone is asking about 767 panels I might get tempted to say that 767 PIC is the only alternative if you want a good 767 panel. But if someone says "hey I have a problem with this freeware 767 panel, can you help me?" I don't - well I try not to - reply with "that panel is garbage - get 767 PIC". See what I mean?Perhaps I'm going a little overboard on this, but I hope you see my point... (I don't want to have to buy a program just to get some realistic visibility in Europe. :-roll)Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Martin,<>Yes, you're quite right, I took the easy option because for me FSMeteo gives me just what I want but I accept that it isn't really the answer Bobo was perhaps looking for.So, I shall try again :-)Bobo doesn't say whether he uses FSUIPC but I know for a fact that program will limit visibility to a value you stipulate, the default being 20 miles. It may get him around that particular problem. FSUIPC is freeware and can be downloaded from www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlRest assured you're not going overboard at all! ;)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest PaulL01

>2. A friend of mine got a new computer: XP home, Athlon >2100+, Geforce4 4200 (by ASUS). FS2002 is running good. If >using the antialiasing in fullscreen mode, no menues are >shown anymore (not even the popupmenues when clicking the >right mouse button). >If he disables antialiasing or switches to windowed mode, >the problems has gone. >>Any information on the probs above? >>Thanks in advance >Bodo When in full screen mode just hit the >Alt< key and the menues will be available.

Hi,yes i would like to use FS Meteo. But i do not have an internet connection with my FS2002-Computer. So i have to download the weather to my laptop at work, and at home, download the weather from my laptop.As far as I know, GetWeather is the only tool that manages this task.Please tell me if i am wrong.Thank youBodo

Thanks for you help.I already knew, that the ALT key brings up the main menu. The problem only is: With my friends installation, the main menu comes up, but it is invisible--> I use alt, go with the mouse into the region were the main menu is, click, and get a function of the main menu. It is also possible to quit the simulation by clicking "file | exit" in the main menu, but he has to to it BLIND! The menu is there, and it is functioning perfectly, but it is INVISIBLE with AA on.We do not know why, but we would like to, because AA makes everything really a lot nicer (at least on my system).To the question regarding to visibility information in europe:I have FSUIPC installed (my self programmed TCAS system uses it excessevly). But FSUIPC only knows limiting visibility under cloudy conditions to a constant value, like (default) 20 miles.An interesting answer to this problem was, that in Europe, the data is in meters, and because meters is ever more than miles, the visibility in FSF2002 is unlimited.I would like to know, if the visibility information in meters is really downloaded or not. If it is downloaded, then there is another question: Where can i get information about the weather file format, so i could develope a program that checks the downloaded weather files (of GetWeather) and corrects the meters to miles.

Guest cornclose

Bodo,You might like to go to my website and download XPMETAR v1.04, although designed for X-Plane, produces a METAR output file and converts various METAR formats to the one suitable for X-Plane (5.54 and below - although works with 6.x).One of the things XPMETAR does is convert metric visibility into statute miles, which would get around your problem #1.Chris Ehttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

Guest Martin

>Rest assured you're not going overboard at all! ;) Perhaps I should put my rant in one sentence. :-) FSMeteo seems like a nice program, if you use the full version, but personally I wouldn't pay 30 bucks for it - 5 to 10 would be more reasonable for what you get I think.FSUIPC only limits the maximum visibility under different conditions, as Bodo said. For example I have max surface visibility on a clear day set to 40 miles, and in cloudy weather 15 miles I think. But that doesn't get around the problem that it will still be good visibility even if the real weather is CAT III conditions. It seems like a simple thing overlooked by MS to me...Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Bodo,Whilst FSMeteo has an on-line weather option that updates things every six minutes it also has a download option for every hour of the last 24 (and possibly longer) so it would suit your purposes.Save the file on your laptop and transfer it to your flying PC.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather