Sign in to follow this  
Guest captaingrice

FS2004 crashing out in a wierd way - please help.

Guest captaingrice

Hi all,I was hoping somebody could offer some help with this. Please note, I do not believe this is anything to do with a PMDG product.Basically, my FS2004 is no longer usable. No matter what aircraft I use, FS2004 crashes out at some point. And it happens in the following way:Firstly, the grey options bar where you select "aircraft" etc begins to flicker. Eventually is disappears leaving a black line at the bottom of the screen. At this point FS2004 is still running. For example, when this occurs and in flight the plane will continue to fly. However, if I minimise FS2004, no other programs on my PC work. That is to say for example, if I click to open my C drive or click on my Internet explorer icon, nothing happens.Going back to FS2004. After the options bar has disappeared. Say if I'm using the PMDG 744 in VC and I click on the ND to open it in a separate window, at that point the screen goes black, and my computer freezes. I either have to restart my PC, or use task manager to end program. This happens with what ever plane I'm using. Be it PMDG, LDS, PSS, Wilco and even FS2004 default aircraft. I can't pinpoint when this started happening. I uninstalled my FS2004 (leaving my files intact) and re-installed it. The problem still persists so I'm assuming it

Guest Vincent

If you still left some trace behind, that probably can't solve the problem. Try to uninstall FS and DELETE ALL the files. If still cannot solve it, it probably a hardware related problem. And actually, did you encounter the same problems on other programs or games?-------------------Vincent

Guest The_Glideslope

This has nothing to do with deleting FS9. This is your videoboard kissing the world good-bye!!!!!I work with Computer hardware I know what I am talking about. Your video board is either overheating or the dissipator has lost is habilities maybe due to excess of dust or even lack of lubrification. Or the chip might have a factory malfunction. In any case this will happen with most heavy (usually OpenGL) applications since it's only then the board work with full cycles and tends to reach it's top temperature. In good ventilated systems it takes about those 20 minutes or so to reach top temperature. If by any chance your fans aren't working properly it will overheat. Be careful not to lose the whole machine with this.Trust me when I say this is hardware!