Sign in to follow this  
Guest martinfoss

Error message in FMC

Guest martinfoss

I was recently preparing for a flight from Atlanta (KATL) to Orlando (KMCO) with the 747. While I was programming the FMC, I inserted KMCO as destination. But then, the following message occured: "KMCO err: IARK unknown". I proceeded, and departed for KMCO, but later, I found out thet there were no available arrivals or approaches for KMCO in the FMC.I have recently installed a scenery package wich includes both KMCO and KATL, and there were no problems with KATL (or any of the other airport in the package), so I gues that's not the problem. I checked the SID/STAR files in the PMDG folder, and KMCO was there as well.Anyone have any ideas??

Hi MartinI guess you have the KMCO file by Dan Downs. If you open the file in Notepad, you'll find instructions on how to get this to work. You have to edit and add some info into the wpNavAID.txt. Then KMCO will be fine in the FMC. I guess this info will be included when a new AIRAC arrives.You probably know this, but in order to actually use the new runways and get the NAV radios to work, you must have an add-on scenery or Afcad file reflecting the current rwy's and navaid info.

Guest martinfoss

Thanks. It works now :-)