Sign in to follow this  
Guest fvt

PMDG 747 VOR radial intercept how?

Guest fvt

hello Folks,I was trying to practise some TGO and was wondering how to intersept a given radial on a VOR.I have NO!!!!!! route in my FMC due to no need.I will leave runway heading with a right turn and like to intercept the VOR on radial 088 in abt 15nm.I set FMC as follows:QRG 111.70Mhz and CRS 088 and switched LOC on.There was no intercept on that radial, but the VOR marker went thru the middle line on the display..... but no raction by the plane itself.Same is when flying to an VOR and like to leave VOR on radial 202.Most likely the same procedure like above with no reaction by the plane.I have no probs with PMDG737-800- but this FMC drives me nuts.Any help appreciate...just to remind you... the FMC has no given route or anyting else.Just FREQ and CRS/RADIALFrank

Please do search of this forum. The subject of the 747-400 "tracking" the VOR radial had been discussed here in detail number of times. 744's autopilot can't track the VOR signal but you can intercept the radial manually. LOC is localizer only - you can't use it for VOR on this aircraft. Again, please refer to considerable detail in some past discussions of this topic.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gifhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

Guest fvt

Hi Michael,did it already, but did not find it... will try again.Tks for ur infoRegardsFrank

Guest lespindo

Hi Frank!! Do you have A basic Knowledge of Instrument flying ?If you do, probably I can help you. If you don't then It's going to be much harder to understand. Do to the fact that it's not going to be easy to explain here. Please let me know... I can send you screen shots of instrument procedures then you need to download the sid,stars or approach plates or even enroute charts... remember The 747-400 does not have VOR Loc,So you have to do everything Using A/P In HEADING and HOLD mode.you will tune radios the same way and set the course the same, but you have to intercept using Heading..

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

The FMC has an intercept course function which can be used to intercept VOR-radials as well but you need an active route to use this feature. Please read the FMC user´s guide, its all described there.

Guest lespindo

Yes Paul!!! But what Frank is refering to is Flying Raw navigation data.