Sign in to follow this  
Guest JimmyK

Sound

Guest JimmyK

Hi Everyone!An irritating problem. Hve both PMDG 737-800/900 and 747-400 'Queen of the Skies Programs' installed. Everything runs great except for two sound occurancesWhen ATC is active, I get an electronic 'thudding or interfrence' type of sound, which changes in pitch when the different ATC voices generate.Secondly, similar 'interference/thudding sounds' come on when I put the 747-400 in 'Reverse Thrust' mode. No!! It is not flaps configurations warnings!!Have a new Dell XPS 400. 3.0 Gig speed, 1 Gig ram, N-Vidia 7800 video card, Smaltec sound drivers (all updated) for the sound system Dell provided witht the new system.Any help, thanks! BTW - all other aircraft add-ons, 767, 727, 707, do not give me this problem.JimmyK

hi jimmyjust out of curiosity, do you have all the latest patches for the queen and ng? if not, that may help with the problem you are experiencing. also, in the owner's manual for the queen, there is a section at the beginning wherein it describes the optimal sound setting values in fs9. make sure you are line with that. also make sure you have an updated directx. also, check to make sure that your sound settings on the pmdg menu are fully to the right side, and have fs9 sounds set to highest quality.maybe all these things can help, so good luck?!tomas