Sign in to follow this  
Guest RRF785

Changing 747 fuel load in FS

Guest RRF785

Ok I did a flight form SFO to HNL today and well I barely had enough fuel to make it. Landed with about 0.6 showing in each tank. :) At one point I didn't think I was going to make it so I tried (unrealistic I know) to add more fuel through FS and it wouldn't change the amount at all. Is there anyway to add or remove fuel through the FS menus without having to leave the program and use the 747 load manager?Also one other question: is there a program that can calculate the fuel needed for a flight? I took what FS said an doubled it but as I said above it was barely enough.-Ryan

Rule number one with the PMDG 744 is to NEVER use the FS fuel loader. Use the one under the PMDG menu.Actually rule number one is read the manual. So the fuel one is rule number two. :-)As for fuel planners, yeah there are a few around, AVSIM file library would be your best bet.Chrs

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest RRF785

Thanks. Didn't realize there was a fuel loader under the PMDG menu. I know how to work every system on the aircraft but somehow I managed to miss the PMDG fuel loader. Probably should have thought of that while in-flight. Thanks a ton!!