Sign in to follow this  
mtan002

Strange EICAS Behaviour 747-400

I couldn't get lower EICAS to show the relevant information when I click on ENG/FUEL/GEAR etc on the EICAS MCP. The display remained the same with engine information and won't respond to clicks. That's the problem I have when the engines are started from cold and dark. EICAS won't change after the engines are started.When I started with hot engines, ready to roll on the runway, lower EICAS works properly. EICAS window responded to clicks. Strange? What's the theorey here?Regards.

very bizzaro!never heard of this before... hmm. seems like some sort of mouse interface glitch. have you considered re-installing it? not so sure what more to suggest.gl.tomas

I've seen this on the real aircraft. When we run Standby Power checks on some types of 744, this can cause one of the CDU's to automatically take over the functions of the EFIS and EICAS Display/Select panels.Can you control the EICAS displays using the manual "EICAS CP SELECT" selection on the FMC CDU? (see CDU Menu page). On later series 744's, you can manually select the backup control function (on earlier series 744's, the EFIS and EICAS control panels had to actually fail before the backup function became available)Cheers.Q>

Guest chuckburmester

Mine does that also, if I check the first officers crt's they will be blank. switch over to the right seat and click the crt control knobs back and forth once and they will come on and then I can go back to the left seat and the eicas will then work ok. this only happens when I start a saved flight with engines running, FMC programmed and ready for take off.That is what mine does anyway.Hope this helps.Chuck Burmester