Sign in to follow this  
Guest bharvey60

New User - Problems with SID/STAR

Guest bharvey60

When attempting to program the STL to CLT flight in the Advanced Tutorial, I receive a "error in line 221" message when I enter KSTL as the departure airport. After clearing the error, no SID/STARS seem to be available at KSTL or other airports.I've installed the most recent AIRAC cycle PIC_PMDG_0606 letting the install program choose the default location, which is my FS9 directory. I've also installed the PMDG_AIO file to my FS/PMDG/SIDSTARS folder.After a few years away from this package, this was my attempt at a reinstall on a new PC. I followed the directions given in PMDG_737_INSTALL_README.TXT. There seem to be some changes in the intall for the AIRAC. The directions say to install it to FS/FMCWP/NAVDATA, but the install program says to install to the FS9 root directory. After install, I've checked and there is no FS/FMCWP/NAVDATA directory.I'm completely confused at this point. Can someone walk me through the FMC data update process from scratch. I don't need too much detail, as I'm not a novice. This has made me feel like one, though!!Any thoughts on the error messages?I installed the AIRAC and AIO files from navdata.at. Is this the best place to get these files?Thanks for your help...

Guest stang

Hello What's your name?>Advanced Tutorial, I receive a "error in line 221" message>when I enter KSTL as the departure airport. After clearing>the error, no SID/STARS seem to be available at KSTL or other>airports.That error is generally a syntax error in the procedures. After such an error it is normal not to get the SIDs and STARs. You will need to go to the author of the procedures if you can not fix them yourself.> The directions say to install it>to FS/FMCWP/NAVDATA, but the install program says to install>to the FS9 root directory. After install, I've checked and>there is no FS/FMCWP/NAVDATA directory.The install program will install the data into the sub-folders /FMCWP/NAVDATA for you. It just needs to know where FS04 is located which is why the root diretory. By the way, FS is short for whatever folder your flight sim is installed in. It could be FS, FS9, FS04 or whatever you called it during the install.>I'm completely confused at this point. Can someone walk me>through the FMC data update process from scratch. Please go to the Terminal Procedures forum here at avsim and read the pinned topic, "How to Update PMDG Procedures". That should provide you with a good working knowledge. It was written for the 737 but is the same for the 747 because both planes use the same procedures.>I installed the AIRAC and AIO files from navdata.at. Is this>the best place to get these files?It is not the only place. The above pinned topic expands on this topic. PlanePath.com has 1651 Airports with a total of 2712 SIDs, 1417 STARs and 5785 IAPs in cycle 0606. All are real world current and have been 100% tested for syntax errors using the same parser as the FMC uses. Hope this helps.RegardsTerry

Guest bharvey60

Hi Terry, this is Bill...I installed the updated SID/STARS and Terminal Procedures and am still getting "error in TRANSITION line XXX" for any airport I enter into the FMC. The line the error references is different for each airport, but the error is the same. Once I clear the error, no SIDS appear.

Guest bharvey60

>Hi Terry, this is Bill...>>I installed the updated SID/STARS and Terminal Procedures and>am still getting "error in TRANSITION line XXX" for any>airport I enter into the FMC. The line the error references>is different for each airport, but the error is the same. >Once I clear the error, no SIDS appear.Also, these are the SIDs/STARs from your site, which I know are error checked

Bill,You totally cleaned out the FS9/PMDG/SIDSTAR folder, installed Terry's file and you're still seeing this message?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest bharvey60

Yes...I completely cleaned out the FS9/PMDG/SIDSTAR Folder, reinstalled Terry's file and verified the files had copied to the correct directory. I restarted FS, loaded the PMDG 737, went to the FMS and entered KSTL as the reference airport. Error... err at TRANSITION, line 175Tried a few other airportsKBWI err at TRANSITION, line 125KPHL err at TRANSITION, line 104

Bill, What version of the 737 are you using? Is there any chance it's pre Service Update 2? The SIDSTAR format was hugely expanded between the original release and SU2 to include things like transitions, IAPs, etc...Those errors you're getting mean that the FMC isn't understanding the TRANSITION categorizer in the SIDSTAR file - the only way I can think of for that to happen is if you're somehow using a version of the 737 that came out prior to us adding the ability to recognize that stuff...Let me know what version you're running and we'll go from there.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest bharvey60

It's Version 1.01. Don't laugh... Like I said, I've been away from Flightsim for awhile :)OK, assuming this is the problem, how do I get to the latest version. I noticed the 1.2-1.3 update on precisionmanuals.com, but do I need an interim update before I install this?Thanks Ryan...