Sign in to follow this  
Guest JTH

Setting up the CH Throttle Quad with the 744

Guest JTH

Hi, I am trying to configure my CH throttle quad to my PMDG 747 using FSUIPC v3.53. I am trying to set up the middle four levers in the FSUIPC joysticks -> "multi-engine setup" page but I am having the following problems:Even though I've set the "max" setting to the max for each lever (about 16,000), when I go full throttle the throttle on the PMDG shows that it's only about 91.9% forward. The second problem I'm having is whenever I idle the throttles, they automatically go into reverse instead of just idling. I have the idle throttle setting set as the furthest point back on each lever (around -16,000 I think), but the reversers still go on when it should be at idle (about -11,000 I think).I've posted this on Pete Dowson's forum but to no avail so far. If anyone could help solving either of these problems it would be much appreciated! Regards, Paul.

Guest UlfB

Paul,Go to http://home.att.net/~stickworks/and download cmnote02.zip, which contains a word document written by Robert L. Church and the doc explains how to set up reverse thrust in FS.EDIT: You don't get full thrust due to the N1 restriction set to 91.9. Don't damage your engines ;-)Ulf B :-)

Guest JTH

Thanks. I had a look at the document earlier but still can't get it to work. The reversers still go on at idle, even though I am setting the "out" value on idle to 0, as it says in the document.At least I know though that the 91.9% thing isn't a problem though. Is it not possible to go beyond 91.9%? If that's the case, then why not call 91.9 a hundred percent?Thanks in advance once again!

Since it sees the idle detent as a button push I assigned "F1" to that spot for all the throttles. I assigned "F2" to the reverse detent and it works fine. The only drawback to my setup is that moving any 1 throttle to idle or reverse will bring them all into that position until you move the other throttles again. Also outside of fs moving the throttle ti idle will avtivate help menus. I had to us the "NULL" function so it would only send "F1" once.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg