Sign in to follow this  
Guest Celt

Installation Procedures for additional products.

Guest Celt

I started with the 737NG, and recently bought the 747-400 . . . I'm now keen to buy the 747-400F and the 737-800/900 to expand my "fleet", and eventually finishing with the MD-11.I know that you have to install the 747-400 after the 737-NG, which fortunately was the order in which I purchased them, but what is the best order to install all four (five?) . . . will I have to uninstall either the 747, or both the existing models in order to get the optimum install? And will I need to redo all the SID/STARS after installation?

hi chris, i asked the exact same question months ago and here is what support has recommended:1. Download the 737NG removal tool from the download site and remove your 737NG;2. Remove your 744 by using the unisntall program from Add/Remove;3. Re-install your NG, then buy and install the 737-800/900; and4. Re-install your 744 pax, then buy and install the 747F.I know... annoyingly step-ridden, isn't it? That's what I thought exactly, and I did not end up buying the 737/800/900 just because it was a pain to do all the above steps.Good luckTomas

Guest Loiosh

An unfortunate price of having a small development group and products that were developed in a certain sequence; however, I will happily sacrifice the quality of the installer for more quality in the product.

Guest Celt

And I presume after doing all those (and reinsalling all the liveries . . . joy), I then also need to update the Nav data . . . OK I'm going to do this AFTER my holiday methinks . . .