Sign in to follow this  
johndrago

Fuel Feed Help - 747 PAX

Hi Guys,I just completed EGLL-KSFO (The popular Virgin 19 flight). During the flight, I had to run out to do some errands for a few hours, and was gone longer than expected. Because of this, I missed the time to close the outside crossfeeds, and my fuel levels in mains 2 and 3 ran much lower than 1 and 4. So, by the time I was in approach to KSFO, mains 2 and 3 ran out, and the engines shutdown (nothing like this happening after 11.5 hours).I had to quickly add a little bit of fuel via the PMDG menu so that they would come back online. After that, the approach and landing was good.So, my question is, if I miss the window of opportunity to close the crossfeeds so that fuel will be equal in all tanks, is there a simulated way to pump fuel from mains 1 and 4 into 2 and 3 to balance out?Thanks in advance,John

"is there a simulated way to pump fuel from mains 1 and 4 into 2 and 3 to balance out?"Nope... However on the real aircraft can you feed fuel from the outboards to the inboards using a crossfeed switch on the overhead panel.But why didn't you reopen your crossfeeds to stop the engines flaming out? This way, the inboard engines can be fed from the outboard tanks.Cheers.Q?